It’s nice to know that after quilting for 22 years, I can still be surprised by a quilt!
I’ve had the pleasure of quilting several embroidered quilts over the years, but the one I just took off the machine was truly special. I’ll give you the details first, then serenade your eyeballs with pretty photos!
- I used Isacord tri-lobal poly thread, in a cream tone; I wanted a thin thread that would stand up to dense quilting patterns, while taking a backseat to the outstanding embroidery.
- Hobbs 80/20 batting
- Hours. Hours and hours and hours. Chiropractor AND massage therapist. Worth it though!
- Pat chose Fairy Frost fabrics for the blocks, sashing, and borders (I forgot to ask her what kind of thread she used for the embroidery– sorry!)
- UPDATE: Thread was Robinson-Anton. PATTERNS: some of the patterns came from Zundt and the circles in the middle Jenny Haskins
- The quilt is king-sized, so I wasn’t able to get a photo of the whole quilt. Pat plans to enter this in several shows, so when she has it photographed, I’ll ask her for a full quilt shot. I’ll also let you know where the quilt goes, so you can look for it at a nearby show!
And now, enjoy the show!
Late breaking news!! Pat just called with the exciting information that her quilt “Seven Dysfunctional Sisters” won Best of Show at the Denver National Quilt Festival VI! Congratulations Pat!